Divorce Mediation in Danbury, Connecticut
Ease the financial and emotional burdens of divorce or separation
Under the best of circumstances, divorce is a stressful process. When couples litigate issues before a judge, the emotional toll and the expense increase exponentially. Fortunately, there are ways to simplify your divorce and reduce costs while still achieving your goals for the future. For many couples, mediation is a useful tool for removing impediments to a settlement on important issues such as child custody, child support, spousal support and the division of marital property. At the Divorce Mediation Center of Ridgefield/Danbury, LLC, we have the knowledge and skill to guide you through the mediation process toward a mutually acceptable, cost-effective resolution of your most difficult divorce issues.
Advantages of Mediation
Mediation offers many advantages to litigation for those seeking to divorce or separate:
- You maintain greater control over the outcome than if you’d left the decision to a judge.
- The outcome is based on your intimate knowledge of your family rather than the limited evidence a judge reviews.
- You’re afforded greater privacy due to the confidential nature of divorce mediation, whereas court hearings may be public.
- You schedule your mediation sessions. You are not restricted by a crowded court calendar, so the process can move at your pace.
- You and your spouse share mediation expenses rather than paying for two attorneys to go to court.
- You can start to build a cooperative co-parenting relationship with your former spouse.
For many couples, mediation focuses on the future by answering questions such as “Where do we go from here?” rather than fixating on old wounds. This makes mediation more of a hopeful, healing process than traditional divorce. Finally, for most couples, it saves time, money and stress.
My practice helps couples who wish to separate or divorce in reaching agreements that foster goodwill and trust, while meeting their individual goals and needs, using a child-centered approach which supports parents’ ongoing positive relationships with their children and with each other as co-parents.
To learn more about our services, schedule a consultation. Call the Divorce Mediation Center of Ridgefield/Danbury, LLC at 203.791.3868 or contact us online. Our offices are conveniently located in Danbury and Stamford.